Tourist Attractions :
- Church of San Miguel Arcangel of Argao
- Unity Plaza
- Hall of Justice
- Bugasok Falls
- Balay sa Agta
San Miguel Arcangel Church
- San Miguel Arcangel Parish Church is a Roman Catholic church in Argao, Cebu, Philippines. The municipality of Argao was established as a parish in 1703 under the Augustinian order. To serve the parochial needs of its people, a stone church was constructed in 1734 and was completed in 1788. The church was dedicated to Saint Michael, the Archangel.
- This was considered to be one of the most best-kept plazas in the Visayas. It features three authentic, still-functional late Spanish to early American period cannons – around 1910. It also has a Spanish-period community well which was believed to be the source of water for most Argawanons before. A Liberation marker showing the first elected officials of Argao after World War II was also displayed. The plaza witnessed the Spanish-Moro wars.
Hall of Justice
- The heritage building has meter-thick coral-stone walls built by the Spaniards in the 19th century. Originally, it was used as a school building for church workers and then as barracks in the Second World War.
- Take a refreshing dip in Bugasok Falls in Argao. It’s 30-45 minutes of hiking, river trekking and heavy bouldering before reaching this irresistible Bugasok Falls. It is advisable to contact the tourism office of Argao before going here so they can provide you with a tour guide.
Balay sa Agta Cave
- One of the largest caves in Cebu, Agta Cave offers you real thrill and adventure! Get fascinated by its natural rock formation. It is advisable to contact the tourism office of Argao before going here so they can provide you with a tour guide.
Argao Nature Park
- Be close to nature at Argao Nature Park. There are a lot of things you can do in the park. There’s a mini zoo, cottages ideal for family picnic, a boating area, a canopy walk, and a small playground for children.
Simala Lindogon Church
- The sculpture of Miraculous Mother Mary at the Monastery of the Holy Eucharist is located at Marian Hills, which is 28 minutes and 19.3km away from the center town of Argao. Lindogon, Simala, Sibonga, Cebu, Philippines. The holy place is commonly known by locals as “Birhen Sa Simala Church”, filled with miraculous testimonials from devotees, believers and visitors who witnessed the event during the shedding of blood tears of Mother Mary.
Oslob Whale Shark Watching
- Whale sharks can be seen in a small barangay Tan-awan, which is 10 km away from the center town of Oslob. Whale shark watching in Cebu started last September 2011 and it became popular all over the world when the news hit in the internet last November 2011. By December 2011, local fishermen’s interact with the whale sharks by feeding them that result to flocking of tourist to the beach of Tan-awan. Large numbers of tourists began arriving in Oslob not just to see the whale sharks being fed but also to snorkel or dive with them.
A Must Try in Argao
is one of the delicacies that the Queen City of the South is proud of. Argao torta is one of the best torta’s in Cebu. Argao’s version is said to be composed of “tuba” or fermented coconut wine. This secret ingredient gives their torta that really tasty flavor, which has become famous among local and international visitors. This cupcake-like pastry is usually large and topped with sugar bits, grated cheese, or raisins. It is best eaten as a snack paired with a hot cup of hot choco or “sikwati”.